Location: London, EC2A
Start Date: ASAP
Permanent, Full-time job
Salary: £25,000 to £30,000 depending on experience
Please send a CV and a brief cover letter explaining why you are suitable for the job to [email protected]
We are looking for a hungry, motivated and high-achieving Business Development Executive based in London to work on expanding the company in the UK. The ideal candidate needs to be a self-starter with a results-oriented approach. You enjoy being out in the field, driving sales, spending time with the co-founders and understanding the need of the business.
The role will involve telesales, face-to-face (field) sales, and operations.
LivingPackets is a young and dynamic start-up based in Central London. LivingPackets offers a service for professionals and individuals who need speed and security for any type of deliveries from luxury goods to samples, prototypes, documents and valuable objects - all fully insured. LivingPackets has launched the London-Paris route, and will be rolled out to other French/British cities and European capitals in 2018.The result of two years of R&D has enabled LivingPackets to invent a bag filled with technology, and fully patented.
The smart packaging is optimised, and designed to be tracked in real-time to ensure secure shipments at all stages of the journey.
As well as saving the cost and physical waste of extraneous packaging - the bag, called the LivingPacket is designed to be reusable at least 500 times.In a new business model that LivingPackets has renamed as CrowdSharing -the profits are distributed between the travellers, known as Voyagers who earn more than half the fee of the delivery; and the Guardians (contracted local shops) who receive and hold the parcels, and investors known as Sharing Angels (sponsors of the model).
A series of exclusive, limited offers enable Sharing Angels to choose the sponsorship package that works for them.
- Minimum of 3 years full-time experience with strong commercial skills gained from a professional background.
- High level of business acumenTeam management skills
- Ability to effectively work remotely, from a co-working space and with an international team
- Highly capable, self-starter, self-motivated, collaborative and personable
- Able to demonstrate integrity, drive and natural curiosity
- An excellent written and verbal communicator, English at mother tongue levelStrong academic record
Role and responsibilities
The role is varied and involves a combination of strategic thinking, analysis and engagement with internal and external stakeholders.You will be developing and maintaining value-based relationships with our customers.
You will be first working directly with the UK CEO on developing and evaluating new opportunities and continue the work during her maternity leave and until her return to work.
You will be at the heart of a truly unique movement that will have a massive impact within the UK/EU parcel delivery space.
In the first two months, you should expect to be undertaking an intense training process. Here are a few examples of what you will be doing, in Sales and Operations:
The Sales Part (80%)
- Researching organisations online to identify new lead, potential new markets, decision makers
- Contacting new potential clients via email or phone to establish a relationship and set-up meetings
- Attending conference, meeting and industry events
- Preparing presentations and proposals
- Updating clients on new developments
- Working with external design and marketers to prepare sales collateral
- Securing new clients
- Elaborate marketing and social media campaign with internal and external stakeholders to boost inbound leads
The Operations Part (20%)
- Answer basic enquiries from Voyagers and Investors on email and by phone
- Liaise with partner stores to ensure that everything runs smoothly
- Help in elaborating partner pack and processes
- Be ready to jump on the Eurostar to Paris for a last-minute trip (so cool, right?!)
- Organise courier for deliveries when required
- Help in elaborating Courier network and processes
- Help bring new local store partner on board when/if needed
The Management Part:
- Manage summer interns, making sure they learn and know what they need to do.
- Manage external logistics partners
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to join a fast-growing, agile and international team, passionate about innovation and making a difference.
We will offer guidance, mentorship and opportunities for professional development.
Equity share for the right candidate and huge professional development
Very friendly young & dynamic co-working space, in the heart of the Silicon roundabout
Dog friendly office
Sunny roof terrace, perfect for summertime
Coffee and tea on tap
Free breakfast every Tuesday morning
Occasional trips to France